Designed for individuals leading equity, diversity and inclusion efforts within their personal and professional environments. CEI’s premier Facilitator Training Intensive is an opportunity to foster personal growth and develop the facilitation skill-set needed to lead complex, and often challenging conversations, trainings or coaching sessions.
Training participants will join a small cohort of individuals for a week intensive and two optional follow-ups at CEI’s headquarters in Portland, Oregon. The Intensive will occur under the guidance and coaching of Hanif Fazal, CEI’s Co-Founder and a nationally recognized facilitation expert and trainer.
In this workshop you can expect to grow your personal network of individuals doing similar work, have opportunities for direct application of learnings, resources and activities that you may use in your work, as well as participate in homework assignments and in-between learning opportunities. The week intensive will also include many of the following components:
- Facilitating from questions
- Building a listening practice
- Experiential learning activities
- Using story as a tool for engagement and learning
- Group accountability
- Working with and understanding white and non-white resistance
- Developing a responsive learning space for BIPOC individuals
- Responding to the emotion that equity work provokes
- Role of coaching/mentoring
- Program and curriculum development
- Establishing a healthy relationship to feedback
- Identifying and handling personal triggers
- Deepening confidence and building healthy coping practices
Upcoming 2023 Sessions (Weeklong intensive is in-person in Portland, OR.)
- September 25-29 (Optional Follow Ups: October 24 and November 1)
- November 6-10 (Optional Follow Ups: December 5 and January 9)
If you are interested in participating, you MUST email, firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Desired session
- Full name
- Identified race/gender
- Why you want to participate in this training
- Confirmation of previous DEI training attended or facilitated.
- NOTE: This is not an introductory racial equity training. We assume that participants are coming in with previous knowledge about diversity, equity and inclusion and/or have taken CEI’s Reframing Racism workshop.
If accepted, you will be given a link to formally register for this workshop.