Submissions will be accepted until November 1, 2021
Type: Full-time (1.0 FTE)
Location: CEI is based in Portland, OR. Candidates can live anywhere in the US but must be available during PST/PDT work hours. Must travel to headquarters regularly as well as travel to clients throughout the US when in-person work resumes
Salary: Starting at $74,000 – $99,000
Benefits: Medical/dental/life insurance, generous vacation, holiday and sick leave benefits, internal professional development opportunities.
Who We Are
CEI is a diversity, equity and inclusion focused consultancy/training organization located in Portland Oregon. Our facilitator/consultants guide clients through a transformational process that both personalizes and strategically operationalizes diversity, equity and inclusion throughout an organization. Our ability to cultivate internal capacity and leave clients with new understanding, tools and skills is why over one hundred clients across an array of sectors have chosen to work with us.
At CEI we prioritize excellence in our work and care for our staff. We are a team of 18 individuals, all eager to inspire change and create work cultures where people thrive. Whether we are working virtually or in person we look forward to welcoming new ideas, perspectives and growing our community!
Equity and Inclusion Senior Facilitators are responsible for raising consciousness, building skills and developing strategies to socialize and operationalize equity efforts throughout organizations. As senior staff they have primary responsibility for a portfolio of clients, ensuring work is on task and commitments are fulfilled. They are comfortable and skilled leading work with complex organizations independently and/or as part of a team. Senior Facilitator/Consultants lead by example; contributing to or leading the professional development of incoming or new facilitator/consultants. They thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and engaging atmosphere where learning is paramount, project management and self-reflection is critical and where no one day is ever the same!
Equity and Inclusion Senior Facilitator Responsibilities
- Effectively manage an assigned portfolio of complex and multifaceted organizations ensuring project teams are on track with client deliverables
- Facilitate diversity, equity and inclusion related training (solo or in a team) for client organizations, employing culturally responsive and experiential learning facilitation techniques during intensive multi-day and/or single day sessions.
- Raise consciousness, engage stakeholders, build skills and develop internal capacity of client organizations to advance equity, diversity and inclusion. This could include leading equity assessment, analysis and reporting, building client capacity to assess policy, practice, and align all work through an equity lens, etc.
- Engage, support and empower a wide mix of participants including those from diverse communities of color as well as other marginalized groups through facilitation that includes modeling, emotional support, conflict resolution, consultation and other appropriate interventions
- Mentor and coach senior level executives and board members from partner organizations effectively and respectfully.
- Manage all aspects of client project/relationship including fulfilling contract deliverables in a timely manner consistent with contract, communicating proactively with clients to ensure good partnership, and collaborating clients to assess ongoing needs and maintain partnership
- Serve as a thought leader in the design and development of next generation programs and curriculum. Develop new curriculum and expand upon existing curriculum to meet evolving client needs
- Collaborate with CEI colleagues on strategies for supporting clients and improving CEI’s equity advancement approach
- Be an ambassador of CEI and equity advancement work including public speaking, representing CEI at community events, attending public events on behalf of the organization etc.
- Ensure project activities are captured in project management software
- Support business development activities to secure ongoing projects with existing clients or prospect new clients
- Support CEI co-facilitators and other junior team members by providing ongoing feedback, developing skills/capabilities, and contributing to performance evaluation
- Facilitate the training and development of CEI co-facilitators and other junior team members to deliver DEI transformation work in diverse client settings
- Mentor and coach co-facilitators and other junior staff on DEI transformation, working with clients, growing and developing as a DEI professional, etc.
Senior Equity and Inclusion Facilitator Core Skills and Qualities
- Comfort with and facility in mentoring and coaching senior executives and board members
- Strong project management skills
- Dynamic facilitation style that engages participants from questions and stories as well as an ability to recognize, work with and adapt to the unique needs of individuals and groups at varying stages of racial awareness.
- Client relationship development and management skills
- Experience in managing a team to deliver client projects
- Prepared to participate in business development
- Capability to notice and name individual and collective dynamics, lean into chaos, and quickly and creatively respond.
- Credibility and strong ability to inspire trust among participants of color and those with diverse backgrounds, abilities, lifestyles, ages, sexual orientation, identities and expressions.
- Passion, dedication and and stamina for long hours and emotional work associated with race equity/justice.
- Ability to develop and facilitate experiential curriculum based on an understanding of adult learning styles.
- Familiarity and comfort with virtual as well as in-person facilitation
- Strong organizational skills and comfort using Microsoft and Google applications, putting together presentation materials, using Zoom or other virtual learning platforms
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of teams that may be interracial.
- Learning orientation and willingness to participate in ongoing professional and personal development around equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Minimum of *5-8 years of experience as a diversity, equity, and inclusion trainer/consultant for multiple organizations or community groups.
- Experience leading successful change initiatives within systems that result in transformation of people, culture, and/or operations.
- Experience managing a portfolio of complex clients
- Management/executive level leadership experience
- Willingness to travel in and out of state with some evening and weekend work.
*For interested individuals with 3+ years of DEI facilitation and consultation experience, we welcome your application as we may consider filling other facilitation oriented positions in the near future.
Preferred (but not required)
- Public speaking experience
- Strategic planning experience
- Skills and ability to read, translate and interpret for non-English speakers.
- Please email your cover letter and resume (or anything that demonstrates experience relevant to this position) to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position title in the subject line.
- Submissions will be accepted until the end of the day on November 1, 2021.
CEI is a diverse and inclusive community and we are committed to creating environments where everyone can thrive. CEI appreciates and welcomes diversity in all its forms and we encourage candidates of color to apply.