“This kind of learning has left me re-energized, connected, and inspired to be a better educator.”
50 Transformed Educators Every Year.
5,000 Students Served Differently Every Year.
100,000 Student Lives Changed by 2020.
On behalf of Center for Equity and Inclusion, we hope you and yours are continuing to stay safe and healthy.
We are thrilled to announce our 2021-2022 schedule for CEI’s Equity Certificate Program. Equity Certificate is a year-long, cohort learning model for K-12 educators who are committed to creating equitable and inclusive school environments, especially for students and families of color. Providing both personal and group learning opportunities, Equity Certificate builds capacity and community for teachers, counselors, classified staff, and administrators to deepen consciousness, skills and resolve to lead with equity in and out of the classroom.
The Equity Certificate Program is a year-long learning cohort consisting of three collaborative sessions. Areas of focus include:
- Engaging and highly interactive facilitation with supporting curriculum to learn, reflect and build community in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI)
- Leadership development for educators and administrators to become DEI leaders
- Building capacity to improve outcomes for all students by centering BIPOC students
The Equity Certificate Program is a year-long experience consisting of three collaborative learning sessions in a cohort-based model:
A Foundation for Racial Equity: Summer Intensive (60 hours/4 credits)
August 9-12, 2021, 9am-4pm
August 16-19, 2021, 9am-4pm
Equity in Action (30 hours/2 credits)
- September 2021 through May 2022
- Two sessions per month
- One Saturday morning session (4 hours)
- One “after school”, site-based session (2 hours)
Leading for Equity: Summer Intensive – Part 2 (30 hours/2 credits)
- June 27 – July 1, 2022, 9am-4pm
- A Foundation for Racial Equity
- Understanding Cultural Frameworks and De-centering Dominant Culture (Whiteness)
- Facilitating Learning in Diverse Communities
- Engaging and Empowering Family Partnership in School Settings
- Leading for Equity: Building Inclusive School Systems and Creating Systemic Change
- We hold all educators deeply capable of becoming leaders for equity.
- Our graduates are capable of leading a deep equity transformation in their buildings.
- Our programs raise racial consciousness, deepen resolve, and develop practical skills.
- Our instructors are practicing, highly accomplished equity leaders in the community.
- We are committed to working together for systemic change. No one can do this alone.
All classes will be in a virtual or in-person setting depending on current conditions and safety recommendations.
How to Register
For more information on the application process, contact Adrian Mashia firstname.lastname@example.org