Submissions will be accepted until June 30, 2021
Type: Full-time (1.0 FTE)
Benefits: Medical/dental/life insurance, short term/long term disability, generous vacation, holiday and sick leave benefits, internal professional development opportunities.
Who We Are
CEI is an organizational change consultancy with a racial equity focus located in Portland Oregon. We guide clients through a transformational process that both personalizes and strategically operationalizes diversity, equity and inclusion throughout an organization. Our ability to cultivate internal capacity and leave clients with new understanding, tools and skills is why over one hundred clients across an array of sectors have chosen to work with us.
At CEI we prioritize excellence in our work and care for our staff. We are a team of 15 individuals, all eager to inspire change and create work cultures where people thrive. Whether we are working virtually or in person we look forward to welcoming new ideas, perspectives and growing our community!
The Director of Educational Equity is responsible for thought leadership, strategic guidance and facilitation in advancing equity and inclusion throughout education based systems as well as oversight of the Equity Certificate Program (EC) and supervision of the EC Manager.
This role serves as a senior facilitator and is tasked with moving groups through ongoing learning and strategic work sessions that support a group in shifting systems to be more inclusive and equitable overtime. This person will be capable of individually leading workshops/trainings for small and large (80+) groups and on occassion may also facilitatate in interracial teams. Clients will often include, but are not limited to, school districts, superintendents, regional boards, teachers, administrators, and alternative schools.
The Director of Educational Equity is able to connect and adapt CEI’s theory of change framework and original curriculum to new content/approaches that this position may create. The Director of Educational Equity is a creative and strategic thinker and supervisor. They thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and engaging atmosphere, bring skill and experience to the role and work collaboratively with organizational leadership and staff.
Director of Educational Equity:
- Apply a strategic understanding of issues related to the k-16 education programming and systems and create programs to meet the equity needs of this sector.
- Effectively manage an assigned portfolio of complex and multifaceted organizations.
- Serve as a thought leader with CEI’s leadership in the design and development of education based programs and curriculum.
- Facilitate diversity, equity and inclusion related trainings employing culturally responsive and experiential learning facilitation techniques during intensive multi-day and/or single day sessions.
- Develop new curriculum and expand upon existing curriculum to meet the unique needs of organizations; support the training and development of CEI facilitators to implement these modules, as needed.
- Provide 1:1 coaching and consultation to senior/executive leaders within client organizations.
- Provide a high level of service and maintain regular and timely communication with clients.
- Participate in reporting time and tracking client work in CEI’s project management system.
- Build ongoing relationships with clients to support them in ongoing equity efforts beyond the initial contract.
- Collaborate with CEI colleagues on strategies for supporting clients and improving CEI’s equity advancement approach.
- Play a role in any or all parts of the equity evaluation, analysis and reporting we provide to partners.
- Hold ultimate accountability for the Equity Certificate Program; ensuring profitability and successful outcomes year to year.
- Provide direct supervision and oversight to the Equity Certificate Manager.
- Attend and/or represent CEI at community events.
- Participate in staff meetings, supervision, and CEI professional development.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience as a diversity, equity, and inclusion leader/consultant/trainer for multiple organizations or school systems.
- Experience successfully facilitating strategic discussions/processes with K-16 leaders, administrators, educators, and staff related to educational program and system development and improvement.
- Experience leading successful change initiatives within education systems and organizations that result in transformation of people, culture, and/or operations.
- Supervisory experience and the ability to grow individuals to reach their full potential.
- Ability to connect and maintain healthy relationships with co-workers; ability to contribute/build culture.
- Ability to develop experiential curriculum that quickly and creatively responds to the unique needs of individuals and groups.
- Dynamic facilitation style that engages participants and an ability to recognize, work with and adapt to the needs of people at varying stages of racial awareness.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Learning orientation and willingness to participate in ongoing professional and personal development around equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Management/executive level leadership and/or coaching experience.
- Experience managing a portfolio of complex clients.
- Public speaking experience.
- Strategic planning experience.
You may also have:
- Skills and ability to read, translate and interpret for non-English speakers.
Please send a cover letter and resume and/or any submission that adequately speaks to your qualifications for this position to Karen@ceipdx.com no later than Wednesday, June 30, 2021 at 12:00PM.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
CEI is a diverse and inclusive community and we are committed to creating environments where everyone can thrive. CEI appreciates and welcomes diversity in all its forms and we encourage candidates of color to apply.